Since GTA V’s first release in 2013 a plethora of hundreds of thousands of modifications have been made to support the game. The community of modders is among the most dedicated gamers and this is true for the latest Rockstar Games creation. But, considering that GTA V is the studio’s most popular release to date, it’s easy to understand that GTA V would have the most mod-friendly support.
The main issue that many gamers face when playing mods is figuring out how to get them installed in order that they function in game. This can be difficult for those who might not be the best at technology. Additionally, there’s the problem of figuring out what modifications to download in 2022 nearly year after GTA V initially launched. Below, players will be able to see the exact steps to download mods within GTA V and which ones they should first consider installing.
Downloading Mods in GTA V
Before players are able to decide the mods to install, they must be aware of how to download the mods. It is important to note that players are only able to use mods when playing in single-player mode, since Rockstar Games had forbidden the use of mods in GTA Online. If players attempt to play GTA Online with mods enabled they’ll be at risk of being banned.
There are several steps involved in download mods to GTA V. The first step is described below.
- Go to OpenIV.com and press the Download Now green button on the homepage.
- Download the application from your browser, and then follow the steps to install the application will lay out
- After the installation is completed, open OpenIV and then select Windows on the Grand Theft Auto V box
- Enter the file path for the game directory of GTA V (should look like C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V\)
- Press Continue, then hit the Tools box that is located on in the upper taskbar on OpenIV
- Click on ASI Manager. Install ASI Loader as well as OpenIV.ASI. If you are prompted, select Yes.
What this process gives players is an opportunity where they can download, and then manage GTA V mods. Users can access the OpenIV application anytime to monitor whether their modifications are in good condition and uninstall them, or alter the mods. The next step in the process is to find physical mods that can be downloaded.
- Go to: GTA 5 mods Best Mods
- Select a mod you want to download. You can pick a particular type of mod on the site
- Once a mode has been chosen then click on its box, and then click the green Download button.
- Some mods will download the .rar download file for your web browser, while other will direct you to an Github page that will show the latest version of the mod to download the file.
- If mods download as .rar file, you’ll require another program for opening it for instance, 7-Zip File Management, which is available for download from the Microsoft Store
- When your .rar open file has been opened you’ll likely get a ReadMe document which can be opened using Notepad. It will provide you with instructions for downloading the mod fully. the mod
- If a mod is listed on an Github page you can download the most recent version. The mod will be downloaded as a zipped archive, which you must extract to another folder on your computer.
- After the files have been extracted After the files have been extracted, copy then paste them in the Mods folder in the computer’s GTA V game directory. This is the same directory you specified in the file path of the OpenIV application.
- Then, launch GTA V once you’ve copied and pasted the contents of the file in your GTA V directory or followed the directions to open the .rar file
This process is not limited to the general mods available for download, there’s also mods that utilize scripts. This requires a different mod, called Script Hook in order to function.
- Download Community Script Hook V .NET, by Alexander Blade
- Start the file and then copy the contents to another file on your computer.
- Paste the contents of the file into the directory for games in GTA V, but don’t place them in a particular folder.
- Create a new folder within the game directory
- Visit best-modding.com and choose an option to download a script modification (these are typically identified with .net)
- Unzip the mod file to extract its contents again.
- Paste and copy the content of your file to the newly created folder in your GTA V directory.
- Start GTA V and make sure that you follow the instructions to use the mod provided by the mod’s creator. The instructions is available in the best-modding.com page about the mod
When all the actions are done After that, players are able to use mods at their own discretion within GTA V.