When it comes time to wash your vehicle it’s a love/hate affair. It’s either you love your car for a passion and it’s your joy and pride or you are averse to the idea of having to clean your floor mat. You just think it will rot wherever it’s placed. Here are some suggestions for those who love to maintain your car’s exterior in a manner that is professional.
Are there any general rules I should be following?
Yes. If you’re a type of car enthusiasts and washing your vehicle is like chicken soup that soothes your soul then there are things you must consider. The process of washing your car can be simple and enjoyable, and frequent washing can help a fresh paint job maintain its shine. While it’s as easy washing your car can appear, there are points to keep an eye on to ensure that you don’t damage or scratch the appearance of the finish. Below are some simple car-washing techniques.
- Shade will be your best friend. Your vehicle’s surface must be cool. If your car is heated the soap suds will dry too quickly, leaving stains on the car’s surface and needing another wash. The pleasure of washing your car can go to the point of having it done once on your lunch break.
- Pre-soak. Make sure your vehicle is pre-soaked to eliminate dirt, bugs, and other heavy contaminants such as water bottles, rocks, McDonald’s wrappers and bunny remains.
- Douse mild liquid is the best car wash soap and a soft car wash glove or a different towel that is designed to protect your paint’s sparkle. It is important to renew your water on a regular basis.
- Patience young Jedi. We usually just wash the entire car before getting to work. Negative ghost riders Wash a section at a stretch, and then rinse it out. It is best to start by cleaning the roof of your vehicle, and then move towards the hood as well as the rear. It is logical to do this top-down, to avoid creating additional work for yourself.Next you should cleanse the upper quarter panel before moving to the lower sections including the rocker panels. The lower part of your vehicle is always stuffed with some extra “stuff” on it and the longer time you soak your sponge as you progress down will assist in eliminating this grit. The sequence from top to bottom is essential because you risk getting small bits of debris stick to the sponge or mitt, which could cause scratches to your vehicle.
- Get rid of your mitt! This is one of the most difficult tips since it’s a human diligence obligation. Everyone wants to take the cloth or mitt back into the water, and then rinse it as it soaks up more soapy water. T his is bad! Make sure to rinse off your sponge or your mitt before placing it back into the bucket of wash to be re-soaped. Start with clean water , and finish with fresh water. Dodging your dirty glove into the bucket is a great way to help to apply the grime onto your vehicle. If you’ve ever wondered why your car is streaking even when you’re washing it, this is the answer.
- Rinse, rinse, rinse. Rinse your vehicle thoroughly all over. If you are happy and feel that you’re done with the rinse, head back and rinse it a second time.
- Tires, rims. Your car washing drawer should contain a variety of different gloves and cloths inside it. We strongly suggest that you use a different glove to wash the rims and tires of your vehicle, and a different one for the body. A separate mitt specifically for your wheels reduces the possibility that you’ll scratch your paint of your car with brake dust or dirt you get off the wheels. You’ll be amazed at by how many people use similar water, and mitts to wash and rinse everything. It’s a good idea to go straight towards the car body repair shop once you’re finished.
- Wheels. They are your joy and pride. Be cautious when cleaning your wheels, particularly when you’re using a aerosol wheel cleaner. Wheels can get extremely hot when the vehicle is just being driven or parked in the sunlight. If you spray cleaning chemicals onto heated metals, chemical are likely to evaporate and you’ll likely breathe the fumes. It’s obvious that this is not a good idea for your well-being and, depending on the temperature and chemical, it could result in damage to items like Chrome and specific coatings.
- DO NOT purchase the expensive automotive cleaners. Instead, opt for the mild liquid soap that has been dilute. This will do everything you require, including getting rid of grease, dirt, and film without harming plastics or other substances. There are many people who use soaps that are used in the home, but you should be aware to avoid using a harsh detergent. Choose mild soaps, and if you can, choose one which is safe for your car. The biggest benefit is that it’ll cost less than highly-priced auto detailing products.
- The process of drying. Dry your vehicle promptly to prevent the formation of water spots. Chamois is extremely effective and will help you get around quickly in a car which may have sun’s rays on it.
What happens next after I wash my vehicle?
It is recommended to follow the wash procedure by applying wax and washing the windows inside and outside. Applying wax to your vehicle is like applying sunscreen on your skin. It offers protection against UV radiations, which can cause fade and also anything that could get on the paint.
It will allow you to maintain your high gloss finish for a greater duration. There are waxes available in both a polymer and carnauba form. Both kinds of wax function similar functions, however the polymer wax will not get hazy as it dries, and is usually wiped off immediately after applying. The decision to use either carnauba, or polymer wax comparable to selecting regular or synthetic engine oil. Polymer wax is more costly, but it is also simpler to apply and it performs better.
Glass guidelines, they are fairly easy. Avoid what you’d like to do, which is to take out Windex or other household glass cleaners. They could contain ammonia that could harm your car’s tint. Choose your best car window cleaner to get the best results, and then wipe it down two times to ensure that the dirt is completely removed. If you’re stuck you could make use of a white vinegar diluted solution, as it’s a low-cost, natural and healthy household cleaner that is likely to be streak-free.
Tips and last thoughts…
Don’t… move your sponge or mitt in circles. This could result in light visible scratches known as swirl marks. Instead, you should move the sponge lengthwise over the body’s hood and other panels. If you fall on your sponge wash it off thoroughly. Do not reapply a sponge after it is on the ground or been soaked in dirty soapy water. Make sure to wash your bucket.
Keep your car shining. If you’re likely to be unable to sleep due to the thought of taking your freshly waxed vehicle out for an errand, or (God forbid!) take it to work you might be tempted to keep some tools at hand to maintain your shine. There are many sprays that are designed to eliminate everyday dirt and keep your wax looking great. Put this along with a microfiber cloth in your trunk, and you’re ready.